To include an international specialisation on the back of the doctoral degree certificate it is necessary that conform the requisites established in PhD Academic Regulations, article 29:
- That while trainee researchers have been enrolled for thesis supervision, they must have completed at stay of at least three months doing research work outside of Spain at an institution of higher education or a research centre that has been recognised by the UdL. The stay and the research work must be endorsed by the thesis supervisor and authorised by the academic committee of the doctoral programme, and they must be included in the trainee researcher's training log.
- Stays in the trainee researcher's usual country of residence will not count towards an international mention. However, in the case of such a stay it must appear in the training log.
- That the doctoral thesis, or part of it (at least the abstract and the conclusions), must be written in one of the usual languages used in scientific writing in the field of knowledge concerned other than any of the official languages of Spain. One part of the thesis must also be written in one of the languages referred to above. This regulation does not apply to stays in, reports or experts from a Spanish-speaking country.
- That the doctoral thesis has a report written by at least two experts who belong to an institution of higher education or research centre other than that where the stay was completed, which must be outside of Spain.
- That at least one member of the panel is a PhD holder who is an expert in the subject matter of the thesis and belongs to a institution of higher education or a research centre in a country other than Spain. This person must come from an institution or research centre other than that where the stay was completed.
- That the defence is held at the UdL. In the case of joint doctoral programmes, the defence may be held in one of the participating universities or under the terms set out in the corresponding collaboration agreements.
STAYS IN THE FOREIGNER OF TRAINING RESEARCHERS
The stay of three months doing research work outside of Spain at an institution of higher education or a research centre it must to register on RAPI. Its must been evaluated in the annual call.
It is necessary to contribute the certificate of the stay, original or copy compulsada, emitted and signed by the responsible person of the stay at the centre, where signify the tasks realised.